Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Top 10 Reasons I Knew it was Time For Me to Go on Maternity Leave

10. Cankles…enough said.

9. Only 2 pairs of shoes currently fit my feet (see number 10).

8. I can conveniently erase the whiteboard with my baby belly.

7. At recess I let the kids who are in trouble and sitting out go early just so I can sit on their bench.

6. The sixth graders (whom I had 2 years ago) no longer say hi to me in the hallways after their sex ed lessons.

5. I scoot around the classroom way too much on my rolling chair.

4. I’ve scratched story time because I can’t sit Indian style on the floor and get up gracefully anymore.

3. Each mother on staff has told me about their birthing experiences…twice.

2. I refuse to buy anymore maternity clothes for my teaching wardrobe.

1. When walking around my classroom I accidentally hit my students on the backs of their heads with my baby belly.

3 comments:

Bridgette said...

So funny Jilly. I think I'm not going to say Hi to you anymore for the same reason. love ya Jeff

jessica jankowski said...

Very humorous. All very good reasons. At first maternity clothes are nice new stuff, but after a whild they get old. She'll be here soon and then we can go shopping:-)love.mom

Matt and Lisa Gee said...

Jillian, we really enjoyed this post! thanks for sharing these anecdotes. Best of luck with the delivery. We are excited for you guys!